Image Source: pixabay.com
We all know the numbers that surround the failure of small and local business launched every year. Even those businesses that have been established for some time are floundering because they lack the innovation to succeed in the digital world. The economy is stabilizing, consumer spending is increasing and yet, your business is going bust. This holiday season invest in technological updates in marketing by socially engaging your visitors and watch your business boom.
An excellent book by Emma Wimhurst on Boom!: 7 Disciplines to Grow Control and Add Impact to Your Business can be a good read for small business owners.
1. Go online. It’s the 21st century. A successful business needs a website.
2. Finance custom designs: Cookie cutter template design is out. Custom DIY design underlines success.
3. SEO and SEM must be a part of the budget. There are thousands of websites in competition with yours. You need to invest in SEO, and SEM to compete successfully…
4. Create a content management plan. Strategic content management is the key to successful marketing.
5. Invest in Adwords. PPC will help drive sales.
6. Invest in cloud computing. Having files in the office is just another aspect of overheads and lost strategic data. Cloud computing is simple and efficient.
7. Hire a digital marketer.Content Marketing and digital marketing is different from marketing.
8. Do not hire link builders. You don’t build links, you create content.
9. Steer clear of guarantees and instant rankings. There is no such thing.
10. Embrace 2014 technology before 2015.With constant algorithm updates businesses can only be successful if they are up to date in terms of latest trends.
#Support Local Business this Holiday
Small and local businesses have so much to offer that it is a real loss when they fail to succeed not due to lack of product incentive or service innovation but rather because they lack the foresight and knowledge to invest in technological advances. Explore tips that can help increase SMEs sales in holiday season. Digital marketing is the trend of the future and understanding this trend is the key to local and small business success in the future.